Ruth Lavergne completed her PhD at CHSPR. Her thesis research examined how we measure and explain geographic variation in health services use, with a focus on rural and remote contexts. She collaborates on research that uses provincial administrative data to inform physician resource policy. Current projects examine variations in physician practice patterns, trends in retirement, and the impact of incentives paid to family practitioners on patient care. She also holds an MSc in Community Health and Epidemiology from Dalhousie University, and a BSc from the University of Toronto.
- Lavergne MR, McGrail K. What, if anything, does amenable mortality tell us about regional health system performance? Healthcare Policy. 2013;8(3):79-91.
- Sivananthan S, Peterson S, Lavergne MR, Barer M, McGrail K. Designation, Diligence and Drift: Understanding Laboratory Expenditure Increases in British Columbia, 1996/97 to 2005/06. BMC Health Services Research. 2012; 12: 472.
- Lavergne MR, Kephart G. Examining variations in health within rural Canada. Rural and Remote Health 2012; 2:1848.
- Lavergne MR, Johnston GM, Gao J, Dumont S, Burge F. Exploring generalizability in a study of costs for community-based palliative care. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2011; 41(4):779-787.
- Lavergne MR, Johnston GM, Gao J, Dummer TJ, Rheaume DE. Variation in the use of palliative radiotherapy at end of life: Examining demographic, clinical, health service, and geographic factors in a population-based study. Palliative Medicine 2011; 25(2):101-110.
- Gao J, Johnston GM, Lavergne MR, McIntyre P. Identifying population groups with low palliative care program enrolment using classification and regression tree analysis. Journal of Palliative Care 2011; 27(2):98-106.
- Nguyen P, Duong BH, Lavergne MR, Tung M, Nguyen Q, Phillips JF, Hughes J, and Ha VT. The effect of a poverty reduction policy and service quality standards on commune-level primary health care utilization in Thai Nguyen Province, Vietnam. Health Policy and Planning 2010; 25(4):262-271.
- Lavergne MR, Cole DC, Kerr K. Marshall L. Functional impairment in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. Canadian Family Physician 2010; 56:e57-65.